About the Role
In this role, you'll join the Machine Learning and Data Science team that combats fraud, improves member experience, creates user recommendations, and much more. You'll contribute to Chime's ML platform, which includes infrastructure for building and deploying production ML models (model training, batch and realtime inference) as well as model monitoring and alerting. Your work will accelerate ML development as the team scales up and out alongside Chime's explosive member growth.
In this role, you can expect to
- Build feature pipelines for batch and real-time data, collaborating with data engineering & data science stakeholders
- Contribute to our ML pipeline infrastructure for model training, evaluation, and batch inference at scale
- Design and build cloud infrastructure to support low-latency transactional inference in production
- Design/implement/own APIs and integrations between our ML model inference services and the company's broader engineering systems
- Enhance/support/operate our ML infrastructure
- Design, develop, and advocate for ML platform observability, scalability, security, and performance
To thrive in this role, you have
- CS or related degree with 4+ years of experience implementing and deploying large-scale distributed systems, backend systems, or ML pipeline infrastructure in production
- 2+ years of experience working with Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Docker, CI/CD, and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes)
- 2+ years of experience working Terraform or CloudFormation for cloud resource provisioning and configuration management
- Competency in programming skills and software engineering fundamentals (Python, Golang, or similar languages)
- Demonstrated experience leading projects end-to-end while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Technologies we use: SageMaker, DynamoDB, Airflow, Spark, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, Postgres, Python, AWS, Terraform, Snowflake, DataDog and Looker, among many others
- Experience supporting data science teams that use machine learning tools and frameworks (Keras, Tensorflow, SparkML, pandas, scikit-learn, etc) is a plus
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we've empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.