WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group is looking to hire an experienced senior software engineer to join one of our most exciting, greenfield initiatives. The right engineer will enjoy building scalable applications and amazing consumer experiences with an entrepreneurial mindset in a highly collaborative setting both with fellow engineers and also across disciplines to product and user experience.
- Leverage skills and experience to implement product features that are well architected, tested, and understandable.
- Actively participate in the ideation and execution of product roadmap and Agile planning.
- Promote best practices surrounding TDD, continuous integration, code standards, etc..
- Provide mentorship to junior members of the team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years overall engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience using React.
- Experience working in an Agile, TDD environment.
- Experience with production Node.js solutions.
- Experience with Hapi.js and/or Next.js is a plus.
- Experience with AWS concepts and technology.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Pair programming experience is a plus.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.