Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
A comprehensive relocation plan is available for qualified applicants.
The Airborne Displays Team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support development for fixed wing software projects under our Flight 2 Integrated Avionics System. This meaningful role will allow the ideal candidate to be part of a tight knit subsystem team that supports Fixed Wing customers in their quest to carry out their missions.
Development within this role takes place in a collaborative environment with the understanding that senior engineers are in a position to mentor those with lesser experience and grow the knowledge base within the team. Close support and communication with teams across the Government Systems organization and at times internal and external customers is paramount to success.
* Understand and at times develop subsystem requirements traced or derived from higher level Platform System Level requirements
* Develop software solutions as defined by subsystem requirements
* Responsible for the full life cycle development of flight display application software, using a variety of programming languages, including Ada, C, C++, and Python
* Evaluate software solution through ad hoc testing across various test environments: rehost, target, SIL
* Execute according to engineering plans, elevate issues that may impact the plan, and push back when necessary with alternative solutions to preserve the plan
* Support peers in order to meet commitments as a team
* Mentor other engineers in the development process, systems integration, and software engineering practices
Must Have Requirements:
* U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Ada / C / C++ or related programming experience
* Proficient with software development best practices and configuration management tools
* Time management skills – work unsupervised, multi-task, and coordinate work
* Energetic and proactive self-starter that builds sound, collaborative relationships both within and outside the immediate bounds of the team
* Consistently produces superior results, keeping projects on schedule and within budget
*Strong contributor to a positive work environment
Preferred requirements, but not required, with any of the following:
* Python scripting
* Experience developing flight display application software
* Experience or exposure to model based development (MBD)
* Experience with Flight 2 Avionics architecture
* Experience with DO-178B/C, Civil certification
* Previous lead experience
* Exposure or experience to bid process
* Avionics bus networking and interfaces including ARINC 429 and Mil-Std-1553
* Experience using Common Simulation Environment (CSE)
* Lab environment debugging and utilization of common laboratory equipment (bus analysis tools, etc)
* Agile software development
* APEX, Subversion, DOORS, JAMA, JIRA, ClearQuest
* Passion for aviation
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Job ID: SOF000000P0