Develops, creates, and modifies Java based applications that reflect business processes. Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions that solve business problems. Designs software or customizes software to optimize operational efficiency. Provides technical leadership for projects.
- Develops programs or scripts according to specification and established coding standards.
- Analyzes, reviews and tests for accuracy and optimal implementation of developed solutions.
- Analyzes current business systems, determines scope and estimates for tasks related to issues to be resolved.
- Performs integrated testing of systems for accuracy, reliability and optimal performance.
- Constructs various software components and validates completeness and quality.
- May coordinate development efforts, and coordinate and assist with codes reviews.
- Establishes and enforces coding standards for programs or scripts.
- Mentors Associate or Intermediate software engineers.
- Analyzes and resolves program/script or system failures.
- Facilitates formal code reviews for programs/scripts.
- Performs software system maintenance, support and requirement analysis.
- Assists in designing GUI and software components.
- Proficient in one or more program languages (Java strongly preferred), operating systems and databases.
- Bachelor’s degreeplus five or more years of related software development experiencerequired.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills as well as good organizational and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and be able to work independently or within a team environment.
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation, and ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.