Our vision is to create the most efficient insurance experience for our customers through the use of technology and our underwriters’ deep knowledge of the insured’s industry. Our team is comprised of “A” level talent and long-term thinkers. You will be part of a highly collaborative team of talented and focused professionals. Join a group that enjoys working together, trusts each other and takes pride in their work.
Join the development team responsible for creating a new online platform for a company focused on delivering value to its customers through the extensive use of technology. As part of the initial launch/development team you will have the opportunity to participate and influence the system from the ground up.
- Participate in an agile team environment with highly skilled professionals.
- Participate in technical design discussions.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Develop structure and easy to maintain web based components based on system architecture that complies with program and/or system specifications and adheres to the Information Technology department standards.
- Ensures that logic and functionality are accurate, error free and meets the user needs and requirements.
- Assist in the analysis, design, development and implementation of new system components.
- Participates in the testing process through test review, analysis and test support.
- Complete development of key components within systems platform.
- Learn new technology concepts swiftly and comprehensively.
NON-ESSENTIAL WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Assumes other tasks and duties as assignments.
- Attends professional and/or continuing educational seminars and classes.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
- Interacts continuously with all levels of employees and various departments.
- Must exhibit professional behavior at all times while representing the company.
- Ability to work independently, or in a team environment.
- Ability to explain in laymen’s terms the use of computer related technologies.
- Ability to design solution architectures to meet business and technical requirements.
- Self-motivated and direct, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Ability to design and develop web based components using .NET framework.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems --or-- equivalent work experience.
- Significant experience as a full-stack developer.
- Experience in the software industry a plus.
- Experience developing public-facing, high availability internet applications.
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
- Significant experience with the following frameworks/tools:
- SQL Server
- MVVM Design Framework, preferably AngularJS or Angular
- Light travel may be required.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance
- 401(k) and profit-sharing
- Paid vacation, sick time, and standard holidays
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym membership subsidy
- Free snacks & beverages
- Casual dress code
Intrepid Direct Insurance (IDI) is a rapidly growing innovative property and casualty company and a member of the W. R. Berkley Corporation, a fortune 500 company, rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best. Our vision is to create the most efficient insurance experience for our customers leveraging technology and our deep knowledge of our customer’s needs. Our team is comprised of “A” level talent and innovative thinkers. You will be part of a highly collaborative team of talented and focused professionals. Join a group that enjoys working together, trusts each other, and takes pride in our hard-earned success.