Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Want to join a fast paced startup working with cutting edge technology to solve the next generation of complex problems? Enjoy the quick decision-making of an innovative small team while benefiting from the financial strength of a growing market leader named in the Best Companies to Work for by Fortune? Workday Workforce Management’s Sea Otter team is a full stack internal startup team that offers the best of both worlds!
Our team is a fully cross functional team of highly skilled individuals collaborating to design and develop innovative and intelligent solutions to the industries’ most complex problems, improving the way the world’s workforce works! We believe that powerful AI/ML combined with the best mobile experiences, immersive UIs, secure backend services and engineering excellence provide the most compelling solution to the market. This is a unique opportunity to build from the ground up with technical ownership of all stages. We have an immediate opening for a Senior Software engineer. Ready for your next great adventure?
- Deliver reliable/robust software through continuous integration, automated testing, and in-depth code reviews.
- Work closely with Product Management to help define new application framework features ensuring a high performing and ultra-usable user experience.
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features including interfaces/contracts with storage system, data transformation, and handoff to front-end technology.
- Be a credible mentor to less experienced engineers and provide frequent code review feedback.
- Develop and deploy highly concurrent, highly scalable, distributed transaction-based systems supporting hundreds or thousands of Workday tenants and billions of transactions.
- Keep on top of task and bug management system for assigned issues each sprint as well as estimating and assessing priority.
- Prepare for sprint planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for an update.
- Give ideas for continually improving the team's productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
- Design and implement distributed architectures that provide real scalability and high availability.
- Perform system and performance analysis to improve system throughput.
- Dig deep into very technically complex issues and provide a clear path to resolution.
- Most meaningfully, have fun engineering software!
- 6+ years of experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming.
- Experience with some or all: Java, Scala, REST, JSON, XML, Spring.
- Utilize JUnit or JMock.
- Grasp of common Design Patterns.
- Focused, methodical, minimalist approach to crafting and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications.
- Strong collaboration skills: accomplishing tasks will often require working across teams and coordinating work on your own team.
- Ability to deliver on time working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Have the desire to learn and mentor.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable.