As a member of this team you’ll work with exceptionally innovative and experienced engineers that have built highly robust, performing, and scalable representation of tenanted data and its changes in memory and at rest. This position requires passion, courage, tenacity, imagination and a willingness to see beyond what is ordinarily possible. You will tackle the unique challenges including building tools to control access to Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and know how it is being used. Joining this team will allow you to develop deep technical strength in building the foundation of a cloud platform and hone your engineering skills to take on the most difficult of software engineering problems.
About the job:
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
- Design, build and deploy data privacy frameworks that support Workday growth.
- Collaborate with architects, principal engineers and technical product managers to analyze functional requirements, devise architecture designs that provide real scalability, low latency, and high availability.
- Be responsible for system performance and stability by proactively identifying and diagnosing issues and rapidly deploying code to address production issues.
- Be an evangelist of our technologies and products. Influence and collaborate across functional teams in coming together towards a common business goal and data architecture.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior developers.
- 5+ years of object oriented programming experience in a JVM language. Proficient in applying common design patterns.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with operations, development, and testing of large scale distributed systems.
- Proven ability to take a leadership role in projects that span multiple teams with the ability to deliver in an agile environment.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in major development tools and processes, such as source control (e.g. SVN, Git), IDE (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ), JUnit test, debugging, profiling, Jira, Continuous Delivery.
The Extra Skills
- BS in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience in database implementation, especially graph database
- Experience using or building distributed systems with an understanding of scalability, lock free algorithms, high availability, CAP theorem, etc
- Experience with Java build tools such as Ant, Maven, Gerrit, Gradle, etc
- DSL (Domain Specific Language) development knowledge or interest
- Open source project contributions
- Experience in Agile development methodologies: eXtreme Programming, Crystal Methods, Scrum