Wolters Kluwer Health (WKH) is a leading global provider, with approximately 2,600 employees in 36 countries worldwide, of information for professionals and students in medicine, nursing, allied health, pharmacy and the pharmaceutical industry.
We have a growth role and opportunity now available! We are looking for our newest team member to join our team as a Senior User Interface (UI) Software Engineer experienced in Angular to help us build the next generation of customer facing web platforms for health professionals, educators, and students. The team is expanding existing nursing and medical education applications and building new ones to meet the ever-changing health care industry demands. This position will be part of a dynamic Agile team to quickly deliver products to our customers on thePoint and a host of other products. If you're smart, motivated, creative, and dedicated tomastering existing and learning new technologies, please read on and help us make the practice of healthcare better through better learning.
The Senior UI Software Engineer will be a "hands-on" development role -- architect and design solutions, building new products, enhancing existing systems, lead UI teams all to deliver value to our customers. This role will work directly with our business partners, QA, and Dev-Ops to deliver robust solutions. This role is expected to contribute to all technical decisions, software designs and future software direction.
Responsible for but not limited to platform architecture, system/UI design, code development, implementation, process/standard setting and support of technical solutions for various customer facing online platforms. Responsibilities include: working with the business to define future direction and requirements; contributing to the development, support, optimization, and maintenance of various applications; research and evaluating technology solutions; and working withoffshore resources on many initiatives.
This position requires strong problem-solving skills, the ability to work in a diverse, dynamic, and fast paced environment, the ability to meet aggressive deadlines, the flexibility to multi-task, the aptitude to work well with the IT team, the initiative toimprove upon best practices, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the skills to create documentation to comply with department requirements.
The team and projects run following the agile/scrum methodology. The position requires the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision. We strive to have a highly collaborative development team that communicates closelyon their activities but is able to design and develop their code independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for UI architecture, design, code, configuration, QA and implementation of high-quality software solutions that are delivered on time and within budget.
* Manage and optimize UI software builds, coding practices, standards, processes and refactoring of services.
* Maintains the best practices needed to ensure on time, quality UI software solution deliverables.
* Work with a distributed engineering team to foster a smooth development process among onsite and offshore team members.
* Mentor junior and offshore UI teams.
* Develop and review project estimates and assumptions during planning and at key project milestones. Validate the UI development approach and assumptions that underlie the project plans and work plans.
* Participate in design, code, and QA walkthroughs and reviews.
* Stay abreast of the ever-changing technology industry to make sure solutions developed are following "best practices" and will meet the needs of the business going forward. Research and evaluate emerging technology solutions.
* Communicate at the appropriate level within and outside of IT the technical direction and proposed solutions for various projects and initiatives.
* Provide complete documentation for all IT initiatives.
Bachelor's degree or higher in a technically oriented field -- preferable Computer Science
* 7+ years of relevant software design and development experience.
* Enterprise experience with Angular2 or above (prefer experience with Angular5 or above), ECMAScript 2015 or later (ES6 or later) and NGRX / Redux. These are the core UI technologies.
* Enterprise experience with OOP, design patterns and best practices.
* Experience with agile development best practices, scrum methodology and working in a collaborative team, both with engineers and product management. Ability to pull work as required versus waiting for an assignment.
* Experience with Linux configuration; ability to use Linux for day-to-day tasks.
* Experience with ng-packagr (GitHub)
* Knowledge of and/or experience with Git.
* Some experience with NGINX, Apache, or other.
Other Knowledge, Skills, abilities and Certificates:
* Knowledge of and/or experience working with high traffic services/web sites.
* Knowledge of and/or experience with Docker and containers.
* Knowledge of and/or experience working with AWS services (or other cloud providers).
* Knowledge of and/or experience with CI/CD preferred Jenkins (or Bamboo or Travis).
* Fundamentals of statistics / data science.
* Curiosity and the ability/want to learn and implement new things.
* Any experience with Ember is a plus.
* Any experience with PHP7 is a plus.
Position requires some travel, domestic and international, on a regular basis, comprising no more than 5% of total days worked.