Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to work out of our Irving, TX office.
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting US (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services, and is a division of Wolters Kluwer, a market-leading global information services company. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913. Among its market-leading solutions are The CCH® ProSystem fx® Suite, CCH Axcess™, CCH® IntelliConnect®, CCH® IntelliConnect Direct, CCH® Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting US is based in Riverwoods, IL, with key office locations in Dallas, Wichita, New York, Washington, D.C., Chicago and Torrance.
The digital future has arrived and the tax and accounting professions are changing rapidly. Professionals today have different needs, expectations and capabilities. In addition to accuracy, they need greater mobility, simplicity and speed. These needs place a premium on access to active intelligence, agile systems and integrated workflow solutions — in short “Best in Process” solutions. This is precisely the value that Wolters Kluwer, Tax & Accounting US delivers to professionals.
Wolters Kluwer is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer withstrong skills and experience in designing and supporting highlyscalable applications in .NET / ASP.NET / WCF / IIS environment tojoin us. We have a legacy of success with opportunity for career growth and development, stable environment, and collaborative culture. Consider joining the “best of best!”
As an ideal candidate, you will be should be a customer focused team player with experience in SCRUM as well as the entire SDLC. The system utilizes multiple .NET technologies running servers in a virtualized environment as well as MS SQL Server for storage. The system runs under high demand with millions oftransactions processed per month at near 100 percent uptime targets.
The successful candidate will be a leader who develops and supports a learning organization model through coaching, training, and mentorship. The successful candidate will be one that can adapt as necessary while working in an agile environment and one that understands the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team.
As Software Engineer, you will be responsible to…
• Drive application development through Agile software development methodologies by performing coding activities
(using Object Oriented Programming (OOP) principals); participating in code reviews and unit testing; attending daily
“stand-up” team meetings to track commitments and discuss status (e.g., what was accomplished yesterday, what will
be accomplished today, what is blocking achievement of daily goals); removing or escalating obstacles; investigating
problem areas within the application and implementing fixes; participating in pre-planning process of the next
iteration cycle to assess status and discuss project plans; participating in the planning session of the next iteration
cycle to present assignments and goals to the team; and maturing the Agile development methodology through focus
on lean principles and teaching opportunities with other team members.
• Support the implementation of assigned projects bycontributing to development of implementation plans;
responding to customer questions or issues throughout theprocess; participating in post implementation debugging
efforts; participating in user hand-off and closing efforts; and ensuring the implementation of high quality software
within budget and on-time.
• Prototype activities under supervision review user stories to identify key functionalities and develop functional design
specifications; documenting and demonstrating solutions bydeveloping flowcharts, layouts, diagrams and charts; and
developing proof of concept prototypes for illustration of business buy-in demonstration.
• Provide level 2 and level 3 support for software issues byreceiving issue escalations from the internal sources (e.g.,
Product Support, QA); reviewing and analyzing escalated issues; resolving customer issues regarding software (or
associated modules) in their work environment; collecting detailed information for issues requiring system analysis
or modification (e.g., bugs, defects, enhancements); developing a work around or patch for system issues;
contributing to the prioritization of defects being addressed bySoftware Engineering and QA; providing status
updates to internal teams and clients for assigned cases; documenting all support interaction in accordance with
company standards; and contributing to the collection and documentation of material used to improve issue
• Mentor and challenge others in the team for continuous learning and improvement.
• Represent Wolters Kluwer within the industry by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Wolters
Kluwer products, industry trends and general business and financial acumen through various
• BS in Computer Science or related technical degree, or equivalent experience.
• 6+ years of experience in software development.
• 6+ years of experience using C#.
• 6+ years of experience with SQL Server and SSRS.
• 6+ years of experience constructing T-SQL statements.
• Strong understanding and ability to solve complex computer science engineering problems.
• Development in a multi-tier SaaS products on full Microsoft stack with 100% uptime targets.
• Experience in 24/7 production operations, preferably supportinga highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud
• Substantial expertise in an object oriented programming language such as C#, Java, etc…
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers.
• ASP.NET MVC or Web API.
• SQL Server architecture experience a plus.
• Commercial external customer-facing software development experience is highly desired.
• Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines withminimal supervision
• Demonstrated excellent written, verbal communication skills