Senior Software Engineer - Windows C++, Desktop Applications, Cutting Edge Medical
JOB #: 17102301-P
Established and highly profitable Medical Software Company in San Diego (North County Coastal) is hiring a key Senior Software Engineer. As an essential member of their core engineering team, you’ll be developing algorithm driven Windows-based applications that is able to read and analyze medical device reports and imaging in totally new ways.
They are highly profitable, and used in the top 50 major hospital systems in the United States. They are also integrated with major medical device manufactures to optimize their devices’ capabilities to be fully utilized by medical specialists in the ICU and other critical care facilities. If you enjoy working in a company that is nimble and innovative, but offers the stability of a stable and growing organization with 25+ years in business, please read on!
You’ll responsible for designing and developing new features, new products, and making improvements to existing products. This is a role that will pave the way for you to learn multiple areas of the applications and also perform as Lead Software Engineer if that’s your interest. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop complex software primarily in C++ with some C# and Microsoft Visual Studio
• Maintain highest coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes.
• Deep experience with Windows desktop software and with Microsoft Visual Studio is required.
• Ability to create and execute designs for new functionalities of software applications.
• Collaborate with small engineering team (two others) and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions.
• Provide clever solutions to problems using sound problem solving techniques.
• Perform technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
• Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, and offer suggestions to improve processes.
• Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion.
• Participate in product definition activities, including features analysis and system tradeoffs.
• $90,000 to $125,000
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for both employees AND dependents.
• 3 weeks of vacation, 1 week sick time
• 401K program starting after 6months of employment, up to 5% match of salary
• Annual bonuses between at 10-20%
• Ability to work from home remotely when needed.
• Minimum of 5 (five) years relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship.
• Demonstrates proficient knowledge and utilization of engineering tools necessary for successful performance of the essential functions of this job description).
• Must demonstrate proficiency and possess experience necessary to develop moderately complex desktop software in C++ and C#.
• Extensive knowledge of Windows desktop software and with Microsoft Visual Studio required.
• Demonstrate deep understanding of relevant software engineering tools (configuration management systems, build processes, debuggers).
• Must demonstrate proficient ability to capture and document software requirements and specifications.
• Self-motivated team player who works well under pressure and independently.
• Experience with medical software, healthcare, FDA or other regulated software applications preferred.
• Bachelor’s level Degreerequired. Ideally in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Math or Physics, or related technical field is ideal.
KEYWORDS: software engineer, software developer, senior software engineer, senior software developer, medical, healthcare, medical devices, FDA, desktop, windows, C++, C#, C#.NET, Microsoft Visual Studio, MFC, MVC, VC++, SQL, algorithms, machine learning