Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Portfolio Construction team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help develop and advance the portfolio management software platform. In addition to working in a high-performing team with mission critical responsibilities, this role will require close interactions with team members from Information Technology and Investment teams.
This position requires proficiency and experience in Software development using Java and web based technologies. While prior business knowledge is not mandatory any experience in the financial industry will be a plus.
· Work closely with Portfolio Construction team member to build a world-class portfolio management platform
· Ability to work effectively throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle to deliver business solutions
· Partner with in-house application and data architects while implementing systems requirements.
• 7+ years of experience as a Java Software Developer with solid accomplishments
· Strong understanding of Object Oriented design, Relational Database concepts, RESTful Services, Microservices and DevOps
· Demonstrated experience developing J2EE solutions using Java, JDBC, Web Services, Messaging, and related technologies
· Demonstrated experience of thoughtful design, development and maintenance of software
· Strong delivery focus and ability to proactively overcome obstacles
· Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal are required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
In addition, the following qualifications would be a plus:
· Prior experience using distributed computing, grid or cloud technologies, particularly Amazon Web Services.
· Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Matlab, Python
- Familiarity with Equity and/or Fixed Income Instruments