Quid is seeking an experienced web software engineer to help us build a world-class web-based data visualization tool using state of the art web technologies. You will be collaborating with and supporting other engineers, as well as designers and data scientists, to create powerful, interactive data visualizations and fluid animations.
- Work with a passionate team on a product that contributes to how we understand the world
- Evaluate new tools, libraries and frameworks and make recommendations
- Support a rapid development environment with multiple releases per week
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to other developers to maintain a quality codebase
- Work with product managers to scope and plan the effort of a project to ensure proper resource planning and alignment between teams
- Collaborate across design, product management and engineering to constantly improve the product experience and provide user value
- Support a thoughtful, diverse and collaborative company culture while enjoying perks that matter: unlimited PTO, regular free meals, flexible hours, and more!
- Contribute to Quid's open source projects and engineering blog to demonstrate Quid's commitment to the technical community.
- 4+ years building professional grade software
- Demonstrated end-to-end delivery of a large project or product
- Took operational ownership of software, including on-call support
- Broke down large projects into discrete, sizable epics and stories
- Created technical designs for features or services
- Provided mentorship and guidance to other team members
- Used HTML5 and CSS or other compile to CSS frameworks to implement UX specs
- Designed and implemented scalable applications using any of the following: Node.js, end-to-end testing, functional programming, databases, Docker, GraphQL, the Flux design pattern (e.g. React Hooks, Redux, Relay, MobX)