What you'll do at
As a Senior software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our data scientists, business partners and systems engineers to drive the definition and implementation of the next generation of applications and analytics tools for our predictive intelligence platform.
We are focused on teamwork, technology, and most importantly the customer. From using traditional web applications to visualization tools to mobile to enable data scientists and business users get actionable insights into extreme data, there are a lot of exciting opportunities!
- Develop real-time predictive analysis tools and back end platform
- Enable data scientists, business and product partners to fully leverage our predictive analytics platform for very large volumes of data
- Demonstrate and clearly articulate reasoning for design and implementation choices
- Demonstrate willingness to take feedback and adapt solutions where appropriate
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Lead and participate in medium-to large-scale projects
- Be the consummate team player with a demonstrable ability to learn quickly. Amazing ability to get stuff done
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least 3 to 5 years of engineering experience (the more the better)
- Built large scale projects with Java and Spring
- Willing and able to work with a variety of programming languages
- Good knowledge of databases such as Oracle, MySQL etc.
- Strong opinions backed by proven experience on how systems should be built
- Knowledge of Devops, Provisioning, etc
- Experience with data models, the JVM, and Data Layer concepts (ORMs, JDBC, Connection Handling)
- Able to diagnose, debug, and optimize application data layer issues
- Strong and clear communicator that can listen to their team as well as clearly articulate their ideas
- Strong attention to detail
- A desire to bring innovative solutions to the challenges of scaling the API and platform
- Agile software development experience
- Well versed in data stores, distributed systems, data modeling and their associated pitfalls.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Shell Script
- Experience with data streaming and caching.
- Experience with Linux production environments
About Walmart Labs
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That's what we do at Walmart Labs. We're a team of 5,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and our enterprise operates.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don't have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.