$100K — $150K *
Interested in a full cycle development role working collaboratively with a diverse suite of clients and a team that cares about your growth? Join Virtusa!
As a Java Developer, you will have the opportunity to tap into your knowledge to develop, design and manage a wide range of innovative projects. Our portfolio of applications spans _______ (insert a sampling of client systems-- electronic support, call/problem management, CRM, etc based on industry) Sound like fun? Read on.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
● Utilizing your deep technical knowledge to design, develop and optimize business processes across multiple systems. Developing detailed technical analysis and design specifications based on functional requirements.
● Collaborating with fellow developers and clients to solve problems.
● Creating user acceptance testing and performance testing plans to validate and support the customizations, features and functionalities.
● Migrating to internal and external clouds, as well as to Microservices architecture.
● Evaluating open source and vendor products.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent professional experience.
● 5 years software development experience.
● 3 years of experience in software development using J2EE.
● At least 3-5 years of experience in full lifecycle delivery of complex systems, including requirements, design, build, test, and deployment.
● Confident problem solver and communicator.
● Meticulous. Strong attention to detail.
● Demonstrated cross-functional team player.
● Proven experience using ___________ (software/systems specific to the client/position)
● Prior experience building internet platforms from the ground up. Understanding Microservices patterns and architectures, enterprise design and industry best practices.
● Experience working in an Agile environment.
● Expert level experience designing and building REST and SOAP web services using Java.
● Experience with Ajax will be a plus. Oracle SQL knowledge preferred.
● Experience with building messaging, event-driven architectures.
● Experience with multiple database platforms.
● Experience with high volume, mission critical applications.
● Experience building distributed systems at Internet scale.
● Experience working in a fast-paced delivery environment.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills.
● Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Valid through: 8/26/2020