Video is essential for everything Standard Cognition does. So, naturally, this role will involve close collaboration with a number of teams (including hardware, infrastructure, computer vision, and application teams). The Senior Software Engineer will focus on continually improving the quality, performance, and flexibility of the video systems as the Standard Cognition platform's needs become more complex and demanding.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop, test and optimize reliable and efficient video encoding and streaming systems for large scale live video streaming deployments
- Collaborate with computer vision, infrastructure, and client teams to architect and integrate video encoding/decoding/streaming software
- Evaluate, test and integrate video capture/encode/decode solutions from third party vendors
- Design, improve and maintain low latency video acquisition pipelines
Who you are:
- Rust and/or C/C++
- Knowledge of modern video codecs and containers: H264, H265, VP9, AV1, etc.
- Experience with tuning video codecs for optimal domain-specific performance
- Familiarity with a variety of codec implementations, both software and hardware accelerated
- Experience with network programming and video streaming protocols: RTSP, RTP, WebRTC, DASH, HLS, etc.
- Experience with high-throughput/low-latency networking systems
- Familiarity with concurrency primitives: threads, locking, mutexes
- Experience authoring and deploying production ready code at scale
Why you might want to work with us:
- We take care of you and your family with health, vision, and dental insurance.
- We're serious about food. Free catered lunch every day, and a fully stocked kitchen with occasional snack appearances from our Japanese office. Healthy and not-so-healthy options are available, as are foods for those with dietary restrictions.
- You're excited to work on a product that will impact almost any consumer, almost anywhere.
- We dress casually. If you want, you can wear slippers in the office. You should see the creative collection our team has built.
- We believe in a culture of learning, and want to keep building our skills, experiences, and capabilities.
- We offer flexible work schedules. We trust our team to know how they will do their best work.
- We're family friendly. We want our teammates to focus on what they need to when they need to.
- We offer very competitive compensation, including equity in Standard, to each one of our employees.