The Software Engineer plays a leading role in development and deployment of Verizon 2.0 new emerging technology, and is able to work autonomously with little to no supervision. Key responsibilities include: architect, design, document, program using multiple programming languages: Java, Python, AWS, site reliability engineering, etc.; execute continuous integration; continuous deployment, while leveraging DevOps best practices; provide architectural design support, sometimes taking on a leadership role including review of services and APIs within the ecosystem along with service integration techniques; advise on troubleshooting and the triage of problem resolutions; use independent judgment and discretion to make technical and/or strategic decisions influencing and impacting multiple project stakeholders across Verizon and guarding the best interest of the business and escalate as required.:
- Design, build, test, deploy and operate application services and APIs supporting core network elements.
- Execute continuous integration, continuous deployment, and DevOps best practices.
- Envision, architect, document, and support API and use of API.
- Provide architectural leadership including review of services and APIs within the ecosystem.
- Provide service integration techniques.
- Software decomposition and conversion to micro services where appropriate.
- Troubleshoot and triage problem reports, resolve, and escalate as required.
- Produce documentation for code, APIs, and procedures.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Software development skills (e.g. Java, Python).
- Database development skills (e.g. SQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Postgres, Cassandra, Elasticsearch).
- Scripting skills (e.g. Shell, Ruby, Perl, other).
- Strong message queuing and micro-services orchestration knowledge.
- Experience with Kubernetes solution architecture.
- Experience working with solutions at scale.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Familiarity with AWS services and tools.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing, and firewalls.
- Familiarity with 5G elements.
- Experienced system architecture and design.