The Senior Software Engineer VA / Government will be a key contributor on one of our Agile teams, collaborating with junior and senior team members to build scaleable, extensible web applications in the health care domain. They will work closely with other senior engineers to help achieve technical and architecture goals through incremental improvements to our existing software. They will model strong team skills during team meetings such as sprint planning, retrospectives, and backlog grooming. This is a full-time, salaried role.
- Write clear, concise, readable code that is well-documented, under test, and addresses the business need.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Directors, Senior Architect and your team to improve our architecture and development lifecycle, and to modernize existing applications incrementally.
- Provide input into Java coding standards and code review standards.
- Provide valuable code review feedback to team members.
- Follow emerging technologies as well as keeping up to date on new versions of frameworks in our tech stack.
- Participate in team discussions, including providing software design input, asking product questions, escalating risks, and keeping group conversations focused.
- BS or Advanced Degree in Computer Science or Related Field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years building complex, enterprise scale back-end or full-stack applications.
- At least 2 years experience in working with government agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Java.
- Some experience with Spring and Hibernate.