What We’re Looking For:
Your team is responsible for building software that drive reservations through Airbnb, HomeAway, Booking.com and other third party booking sites. We architect, build and optimize tools to make sure our guests find the right home for their vacation, wherever they might be. The work you do will help us reach millions of travelers across the globe.
In collaboration with product management, we’re constantly experimenting and fine-tuning our tools to be the industry leader. Some of our experiments fail. Others will become critical systems. You recognize the value of shipping code quickly, small iterations and advocate for investing in security, scalability and stability. You help the team find the right blend.
You’re a hands-on technical leader who loves to think about complex systems. You are passionate about helping engineers design and evolve their solutions - you aren’t afraid to jump into code. You know when to let them work through obstacles on their own and when to step in with mentorship. You like helping engineers become better. You’ll provide critical feedback on code reviews, and aid in your team’s professional development.
What You'll Do:
- Own the systems that connect us to our marketplace partners
- Lead architecture and design decisions within your team
- Provide visibility into the applications and how they are performing
- Work with product managers to turn stories into actionable development tasks
- Lead and mentor engineers in technical strategy and growth
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years engineering work experience
- Deep familiarity with OOP in Python or PHP
- Experience with serverless computing and applications
- Track record of developing high scale distributed systems
- Proficiency with unit, integration and functional testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building and maintaining applications with AWS Lambda
- Developing API interfaces or service-based architecture
- Agile software development, Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Laravel's Eloquent, Flask/Django and/or JSON API
- Performance Monitoring (like with Sumo Logic or DataDog).