Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position is for a seasoned Software Engineering professional, working independently. Conducts moderately complex tests, debugs control and diagnostic systems. Undertakes multidisciplinary test system development.
- Conducts and coordinates moderately complex tests for control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research in assisting equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software to develop software engineering activities.
- Analyzes system capabilities and determines end user needs to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition to ensure current and future needs of the business are met.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition.
- Ensures hardware and software standards are met.
- Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
- May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use.
- May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
- Includes control modeling (model based design).
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
Experience / Qualifications:
- 5 years in Computer, Electrical, Systems, Software Engineering OR 3 years’ experience with Advance Degree.
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Linux Administration or Development Experience
- Real Time Computer System Operation/ Simulation
- Electronics Design Experience
- Electronic Engine Controls
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments.
As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
Job ID 01285081