As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing and improving new features for the Glassdoor User Profile Team. You will partner closely with Product and Design and other engineers to build a personalized and engaging Glassdoor experience in an agile environment. The User Profile team's focus is to grow and improve the profile product to power personalization and help users find a job that fits their lives.
Our User Profile team is a hardworking group of engineers who use the latest Java technologies and frameworks to tackle meaningful problems around scale and performance. You will have an in-depth understanding of computer science fundamentals including systems design, data structures, and algorithms and having proven those skills in a large scale environment.
- Working with product and other engineers to build high-volume, consumer-facing features, and product improvements
- Partnering cross-functionally with our machine learning and other engineering teams to drive personalization across the Glassdoor product
- Contribute new ideas to build more engaging user experience and define our consumer product
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in a highly distributed and scalable environment
- Strong backend engineering experience using Java, Spring, and SQL technologies
- Previous exposure or interest in working with GraphQL
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- No gender pay gap; we're committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap 'checkup'
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC