As a Senior Software Engineer on this Unpublished R&D Product you will report into the Engineering Manager. You will utilize your deep understanding of the entire software development lifecycle, while honing your craft in at least one area of specialization. You will have the opportunity to work with state of the art technology, explore new solutions to surprise and delight our existing and future players.
- Set the technical direction and standards for your team
- Lead and contribute to technical design and implementation, using your broad knowledge to guide tough technical decision-making
- Manage the team's process for delivering high-quality experiences to players, lifting the expertise and skills of people around you.
- Have a deep hands-on understanding of, and be accountable for, the quality and maintainability of your team's code-base.
- Drive collaboration and alignment with cross-disciplinary teams.
- This role has some amount of travel
- 7+ years of experience as a Technical Leader with the ability to set technical vision, and a clear understanding of developing maintainable code-bases and strategies for code deployment.
- C++ programming experience
- Broad theoretical knowledge and practical application of Software Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering principles to global-scale distributed systems.
- Experience working on a SaaS game, especially in the journey from production to ship
- Experience utilizing decision-making frameworks, and an ability in communicating explicit trade-offs, especially in balancing the long-term strategies and short-term tactics.
- Bilingual - Mandarin-speaking
- Experience programming in C