As a Senior Java Software Engineer you will be part of the team that is improving provider experience within applications in Optum and transforming it to a modernized platform. If you ever wanted to be part of major application redesign, this is the position for you. From solution design, to development, performance tuning, acceptance test and implementation you will be and hands on agent of change.
The complexity of this role can be challenging. We deal with huge amounts of data across our entire enterprise. Everything you work on will have implications that impact others. We’ll provide the most up-to-date technology, but you’ll need to provide creativity, critical thinking and clarity on an everyday basis.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and continuously improve software
- Translate product concepts into project commitments that deliver incremental value to our customers frequently and with high quality
- Participate in Agile / Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases
- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code, test, deploy, and support
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Be innovative in solution design and development to meet the needs of the business
- Working very closely with Architecture group and driving technical solutions
- Expected to adapt in dynamic and collaborative work environment and make independent decision
- Collaborate to meet project timelines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Experience working with at least one of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture
- Experience working within an Agile / Scrum Methodology
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals: unit testing, code reviews, Agile and DevOps
- Development experience in Java and related tools / software
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Business rule engine experience
- Experience working in Unix / Linux environments
- Understanding of distributed architecture design principles
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Local to Basking Ridge, NJ