A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
The Senior Tuner Lead will be responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and delivering customer requirements for Tuner related features such as HD radio, SDARS, and DAB. This role will interface with the customer, project, test, and development teams.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- A software engineer in this position will focus their time developing and testing software. As a Senior Engineer, they will be expected to function as a lead on some projects and mentor less experienced engineers and interns. The person most successful in this position will have a strong understanding of operating systems such as QNX and LINUX; BSP development; and driver development. He/she should also have solid knowledge of and experience in embedded C/C++; passion for developing new products, and experience working the complete SW development life cycle.
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger's, compilers, etc).
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate resolution.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
- Manages large projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years of embedded software development experience.
- 5 years of C/C++ or other structured language experience.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Object oriented software development experience.
Preferred Qualifications and Desired Competencies:
- Android Systems experience.
- Tuner, DAB, HD radio, and SDARS knowledge is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of QNX or Embedded Linux.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Project and Time Management skills.
- Automotive experiencepreferred.
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- HARMAN will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.