Senior Software Engineer
eBuilderSunrise, Florida, USA
We welcome all applicants who are willing to relocate. This position is available only in our Fort Lauderdale Headquarters.
Founded in 1995 and based in Sunrise, Florida, e-Builder, a Trimble Company, is the pioneer of a fully integrated, cloud-based construction management software. Our client list reads as the “who’s, who” in all our vertical markets: Facebook, Caltech, INOVA Healthcare, and Chicago Transit Authority – to name just a few. As one of the fastest growing companies in South Florida, we are proud to be named a ‘Florida Company to Watch,’ to be nominated as one of South Florida’s best places to work and have our CEO named South Florida Business Journal’s Ultimate CEO. We’re excited to find innovative ways to combine technology with construction with a fun work environment. To learn more about our award-winning organization and corporate culture visit www.e-builder.net
- Build software that is a joy to use! - Easy, intuitive, and allows users to accomplish their work more efficiently than without the software
- Passion for Software with innovative and cutting-edge ideas
- Research and stay informed of the latest best practices in Software Engineering.
- Every team member is responsible for the full life cycle software development activities including new product releases, upgrades, functional enhancements, defect resolution, and performance improvements.
- Develop and communicate implementation approach for assigned projects
- Regularly and proactively communicate status, risks, and other issues related to projects that are under development
- Update Jira issues and participate in reviews
- All other duties as assigned
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Design
- Experience with Design Patterns and/or Domain Driven Design
- Experience working with micro-services
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in a variety of programming languages, able to transition to new languages. (minimum .NET and JAVA)
- Experience with multiple database technologies (minimum SQL and MongoDB)
- Familiarity with front-end development using modern stacks like Angular, Vue, or React.
- Experience using agile development practices like TDD, BDD, pair programming and automated builds
- Experience developing high-volume web applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, other engineers, and internal and external customers
- Problem solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex technical documents, diagrams, data models, and process documents
- Ability to write business and technical specification documents that convey complex analysis and solutions clearly and concisely
- Customer focused with excellent follow through on commitments
- Basic familiarity with AI/ML a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Working experience as a Senior Software Engineer will be consider in place of a degree
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working on software development environments
- Business knowledge of the construction industry highly desirable