Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Tools in the Engineering Services organization, you will contribute to the tool strategy for Roblox’s expansive social platform for play. In supporting our engineering organization, your scope of work will span a multitude of systems and disciplines, including Configuration Management, Metrics and Debugging tools and technologies as well as backend web services.
If you’re eager to support a large-scale, consumer-facing web applications that handles over 1,560,000 concurrent players at peak times, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly-growing engineering team.
- Experienced: 9+ years of development experience with proven experience owning application development from "cradle to grave" as well as developing tools and solutions. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in at least one of the following: Full stack development, test-driven development, build infrastructure, optimizing software, building tools and frameworks.
- Software development experience in either Java or C# preferred.
- A natural leader: your “get stuff done” philosophy inspires and invigorates the team around you; you have a proven track record of mentoring junior engineers and influencing people and teams around you.
- Relentless: you are proactive, progressive, and performance-driven; you are unstoppable in the pursuit of quality, with direct experience implementing development best practices, identifying priorities, collecting requirements and translating them into action.
- Passionate: like us, you take play seriously; you’re enthusiastic about making the life of the people around you easier; you challenge the status quo, meeting daunting challenges head-on with confidence.
- A team player: you have an unshakeable drive to succeed; you possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to see great ideas through to the end.
- Metrics driven: you are proficient in measuring success, value and gaps.
- Design and build advanced infrastructure enabling fast iteration.
- Improve the overall development process by identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting solutions.
- Partner with other teams to increase the productivity of engineers.
- Act as an advocate for engineering best practices throughout the department.
- Implement and automate development best practices and strategies.
- Develop and track key metrics for engineering performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.