Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Senior Software Engineer
A Senior Engineer in TJX North American Selling & Store Operations has the knowledge & experience to design and implement business functionality in Point of Sales solutions. Engineers at this level can lead & deliver on assigned Epics in their supported area. They use DevSecOps best practices to ship high-quality code and continue to push their knowledge.
- Develop new features and services that are low-medium level of complexity working with the product/platform/infrastructure/security team
- Design, code, deploy & support working software/technology component, working collaboratively with architects and other engineers.
- Build systems and services that have immediate impact for our business.
- Create Architecture, Estimates, Design, Code, COTS configuration for the required business feature.
- Responsible for code analysis, debugging, review and execution of unit/integration tests. Create test automation scripts.
- Responsible for delivering clean, secure, performant code / technology components that meets all the non-functional requirements.
- Responsible for achieving operational excellence as part of delivering feature.
- Acts in Lead Engineer capacity for medium to large initiatives, prioritizing and assigning tasks, providing guidance and resolving issues.
- Sets up application jobs, creates test data, and supports deployment, all at a medium to high level of complexity.
- Adheres to Sarbanes Oxley compliance and all TJX Company standards as applicable.
- Fully Owns Features. Co-owns Epic with strong guidance. Begins deeper questioning of processes in order to improve them
- Actively participates in Development process definitions, best practices and standards.
- Can help lead evaluation of 3rd party engagement need
- Mentors other engineers on the team.
- Develops expert knowledge in specific business applications / services supporting a given technical domain.
- Has a solid understanding of the end-to-end business application processes in a given technical domain.
- Provides input into technical application roadmaps including the recommendation of IT driven projects.
- 3-5 years of hands on engineering experience in design, development of Java applications using object oriented principles, data structures, design patterns and algorithms.
- Knowledge of SQL databases.
- Nice to Have:
- Oracle Retail Xstore POS development
- Oracle databases
- Spring and related frameworks, and/or peripheral integrations like receipts printers, pin pads in a retail POS environment a plus
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Ability to use Jira and Confluence and source code management tools such as Git
- Knowledge of & experience in DevSecOps best practices.
- Maintains knowledge in specific business applications / services or a critical highly integrated Enterprise business application /service supporting a given technical domain.
- Knowledge and experience to design and implement business functionality in their assigned Platform(s)/Products(s).
- Has a sound understanding of the end-to-end business application processes in a given technical domain.
- Expert in the architecture and implementation of large-scale applications and systems.
- Extensive knowledge of TJX organization, processes and customers
- Expert in incident and change management principles and best practices
- Ability to adapt easily to changing requirements and priorities
- Assumes responsibility for providing a high level of customer service and takes personal accountability for outcomes
- Strong critical thinking & influencing skills
- Demonstrates lean agile mindset and embraces the culture of continuous improvement and learning
- Works independently and/or as part of a team
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and PCI compliance requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, within an AGILE environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Engineering skillset / training / work experience in relevant technical domain