Senior Software Engineer (Bellevue, WA)
The New York Times describes Thunder as "an ad engine to put Mad Men out of business." We're changing how digital ads are created, personalized, and optimized with our intelligent Creative Management Platform
Why is software engineering important to Thunder?
Thunder has built the very first Creative Management Platform. We often push the limits of what can be done in a browser. Thousands of users interact with our platform every day and we strive to make that interaction as seamless as possible. Millions of people around the world see the ads our platform creates. There are a lot of manual processes in the advertising industry that we automate and augment with our platform.
What you would be responsible for:
What is something you might work on?
- Automating ad delivery for any number of ad sizes and variations across any number of platforms (such as Google, Facebook, Instagram)
- Ensuring ads render quickly and consistently for all users globally and automatically adapt to the constraints imposed by ad servers
- Scaling our system to handle billions of ad impressions per month
What are some other important traits and focuses?
- Continuous learning and teaching
- Automating everything
- Promoting best practices and coding standards
- Strong opinions, weakly held
- Correctness, simplicity and maintainability