What you'll be doing…
As a member of Tableau's Desktop Client Infrastructure team, you will test cross-platform tools and libraries that Tableau products rely on to make analyzing data fast and easy, beautiful and useful. You will add and improve tests for the presentation layer between Tableau's user interface and business logic, add tests to help the team safely refactor C++ libraries, and help teams across Tableau adopt best practices for testing features for our desktop products.
Some of the things you'll be doing include…
- Analyzing source code to understand areas of risk and complexity to provide optimal test coverage.
- Implementing tests for both product functionality and performance benchmarks.
- Manually validating fixes implemented by developers on the team and ensuring test automation is added.
- Verifying the quality of our cross-platform libraries across Windows, Mac, and Linux and across Tableau products.
Who you are…
- A True Team Player. You love working as part of a team. You're a strong communicator and you enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others so we can all become better developers. People love working with you because you help them up their game.
- Experienced. You have 7+ years of experience testing and profiling software applications and at least one OO language such as C#, Java, or C++. Our desktop product is built in C++ and the automation for testing our desktop product is almost exclusively in Python. Strong knowledge of Python is preferred, and experience with cross-platform desktop testing(e.g. Windows, Mac, Linux) is a plus.
- Technically Proficient. You have a strong understanding of testing methodologies, and you are able to implement tests from unit tests to module tests to end-to-end tests. A strong tendency towards automating and streamlining processes.
- Technically Flexible. You believe great software relies on a great foundation. You want to help create cross-platform applications, and you have strong skills in testing systems that run on multiple platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!