As a Senior Software Engineer at AutoGuide, you will be involved in the design, development, testing, and installation of software used to coordinate the movements of Automous Mobile Robots in warehouses and factories. A Senior Software Engineer is more than a programmer. This position requires the ability to design major product sub-systems. The engineer must fully understand the software development lifecycle and participate in making it better. A Senior Software Engineer typically works with little supervision, yet pro-actively encourages the ideas and views of peers. He/she provides leadership through earned respect and the ability to influence.
- Develop software to quality and performance standards
- Create and maintain specifications, schedules, and unit tests
- Contribute to major new projects under the guidance of a Principal SW Engineer
- Experience with continuous integration and revision control systems is a plus
- Participate in improving processes and growing the team
- Occasional travel (~5%, possibly international) will be required to assist in supporting our customers
- Work in harmony with remote on-shore and off-shore resources
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- 4-8+ years experience in commercial software development (not IT or internal projects)
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns, software architecture and Test-Driven Development
- Self-motivated. Requires little direction
- Ability to overcome obstacles to get the job done. Can do attitude!
- C# preferred language, other programs languages acceptable.
- Basic electrical and mechanical skills highly desirable.
- Experience in industrial autonomous robotics is desirable.
- Occasional travel (~10%, possibly international) will be required to assist in supporting our customers
B.S. or higher in in any discipline