Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
- Evangelize and cultivate adoption of Enterprise Platforms, open source software and agile principles within the organization
- Ensure solutions are designed and developed using a scalable, highly resilient cloud native architecture
- Deliver well-documented and well-tested code, and participate in peer code reviews
- Design and develop tools and frameworks to improve security, reliability, maintainability, availability and performance for the technology foundation of our platform
- Ensure product and technical features are delivered to spec and on-time
- Collaborate with and consult other Nike development teams
- Explain designs and constraints to stakeholders and technical teams
- Assist in the support and operation of the platforms you help build
- Work with product management to support product / service scoping activities
- Work with leadership to define delivery schedules of key features through an agile framework
- Be a key contributor to overall architecture, framework and design of enterprise platforms
What You Need for this Position
- Experience developing applications to run in a large-scale environment.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with Java.
- Experience designing REST APIs and developing RESTful Web Services
- Experience with developing automated unit tests and managing and executing unit tests using tools such as JUnit.
- Experience developing Object Oriented, multi-tier applications in a complex architectural landscape.
- Experience developing in a continuous integration environment using Jenkins.
- Experience writing automated unit and integration tests using JUnit or TestNG testing frameworks.
- Able to maintain the build and deployment process through use of build integration tools.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience developing ecommerce based web applications.
Preferred if you have:
- Experience using and scaling NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, Mongo or Couchbase.
- Experience designing and developing on horizontally and highly scalable cloud-based architecture. AWS cloud infrastructureexperience strongly preferred.
- Experience developing in a TDD environment or a strong desire to learn.
- Experience in a Blue/Green deployment model.
- Experience in a Continuous Delivery (CD) environment.
- Experience designing and implementing performance tests.
- Experience designing instrumentation into code and using and integrating with software & logging analysis tools such as New Relic & Splunk.
- Experience with Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, etc).
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00410038