Are you interested in being part of a small team tasked to build the next-generation industry-leading platform for machine data? Splunk is looking for Software Engineers to join the effort to define and build the future of Splunk. You will be joining a team that's developing both the engine that drives our machine-data platform as well as the infrastructure to run and scale it.
We provide our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You'll learn how our entire stack works - from data ingestion and storage to searching, reporting and building dashboards – all in distributed environments. The work you'll do directly impacts the experience of our customers.
We are an engineering- and product-focused company. Our engineers take a leading role in designing, architecting, building and testing our product. Engineers at Splunk have a wide impact, from developing new capabilities like metrics ingestion and analysis to working with customers to see their work be used to tackle real-world problems.
What we provide:
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A set of talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
What you provide:
- Experience with Cloud and Containers. You have a proven experience of designing, developing and operating controllers and microservices at scale. You have coded multi-threaded APIs across a variety of messaging and storage backends. You have current knowledge of Kubernetes eco-system and know how to use it for extracting maximum value. You have proficiency in using and provisioning public cloud services from operators such as AWS, GCE.
- Understanding of Systems Programming. Examples of area you may be knowledgeable in may include how threads work, understanding of filesystems, server and kernel architectures, good grasp of data structures and algorithms. You don't need to be an expert, but you should have foundation to build on.
- Ability to work with multiple programming languages. We have code in several languages, ranging from C/C++, Go and Java. Experience with all of these is not required. You're passionate about writing testable code, and your non-complex test automation proves it.
- Desire to Learn and Adapt. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll have to learn to navigate new code and features. You'll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our engineers. You actively own your work and be excited about your projects.