Responsible for working on software problems of diverse scope in a fast-paced, agile environment to deliver products for Synacor clients. Specifically, this role will work with Product Owners, Scrum Master, Scrum Team Members, and our Customer to create a product offering that’s recognized as among the best in the industry.
- Works independently under general direction from principal software engineers in specification and design activities. Ensures compliance with existing software standards and conformance to established schedules.
- Contributes to all aspects of a software project including specification, design, implementation, testing, and product release. Independently identifies and investigates project interdependencies and recommends alternative solutions to minimize overlap and provide greater efficiencies.
- Works withscrummaster and/or product owner regarding software requirements, interoperability, compatibility and possible integration with in-house or 3rd party software. Provides project coordination with assigned personnel and may on occasion function as scrum team or technical leader.
- Diagnoses and resolves systematic and operational problems; performs cost/benefit analyses; evaluates and recommends operational improvements and alternatives; and positively impacts a number of different projects in software engineering.
- Interacts effectively with other organizations such as operations, customer support, and professional service as required, and assists in the development of less experienced staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5years of experience in the software development field
- Knowledge of theory and practice in areas of specialization, with a working knowledge of the complete software development cycle, from product concept through release is essential.
- Requires software system knowledge, experience in software testing and/or debugging and project management skills.
- Must possess good organizational skills and ability to work closely with external resources and contractors.
- Must be professional, attention to detail, self-starter, energetic, good problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize work and juggle multiple tasks
- BUSINESS: Individual is in a position requiring product quality assessment which can have a significant impact on project and product delivery schedules, support services and overall customer satisfaction.
- TECHNICAL: Will have the ability to influence overall software methodology, standards, debugging design and execution within the organization, independently initiating new design concepts and creative approaches. May influence the development process and/or project schedule of the Software Engineering organization through assessment and/or inspection of project plans, product specifications or testing approach. This level is expected to be able to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously and provide practical solutions to a wide range of issues.