JOIN us in our efforts as a Senior Software Engineer
The main role that the person in this position will serve is that of software engineer who will be directly responsible for developing software that will realize the vision for our enterprise product software. His/her responsibilities will include, developing conceptual prototypes and alternative software solutions for our various architectural approaches, creating software requirements, design and interface specification documents, and validating the software designs against higher level requirements and detailed design specifications. This role will design innovative solutions to complex problems in the healthcare industry. You will work closely with product and marketing managers, industrial designers, human factors engineers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones. This position reports to the ESW Software Manager.
Essential Job Duties
- Participate in the product and system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
- Translate software architecture design and design elements contained in a higher-level requirements or system specification documentation into a lower level software design specification.
- Identify the appropriate software design required to achieve the software design specifications
- On new and sustaining engineering projects, design, build, and maintain scalable, well-documented software code that is reusable, reliable and developed per corporate procedures and industry/regulatory standards.
- Ensure the overall integrity of the software designs and validate them against requirements and specifications.
- Lead and/or participate in the software review process.
- Perform software version control.
- Act as a leader to associate engineers although not directly responsible for their management. May lead small development projects or initiatives.
- Work as a collaborative team member on engineering projects, performing software leadership activities when needed.
- Collaborates with groups outside of direct responsibilities, including otherengineering teams, Quality, Regulatory and Marketing when needed to develop software solutions.
- Work with industrial designers and human factor engineers to improve and refine product visual design and consistency.
- Address product support escalations as required, identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devising solutions to these problems.
- Provide first line and advanced application support via phone and e-mail including troubleshooting support issues and assisting customers.
- The above statements reflect a general detail of the job, and shall not be considered a thorough description of all duties inherent in the job.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field required; Masters a plus.
- >5+ years of software development experience, preferably with developing enterprise software.
- Experience in system design and development.
- Proven experience in C#, C++, object-oriented programming.
- Proven Mobile Application Development experience for Android and IOS devices.
- Experience using software requirements and defect management (e.g. JIRA), configuration management (e.g. SVN, GIT), and continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins) tools.
- Software quality assurance to include unit and integration testing, code inspections and reviews.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional team player with some leadership responsibilities.
- Experience with medical device development or working other regulated industries that require formalized software development processes is desired.
Operating Systems, Programming Languages, and Development Environments
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Desktop/Server Operating Systems, Ubuntu, RHEL, Android, IOS
- Programming languages, frameworks and Web technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, Microsoft.NET
- Databases: SQL Server, MySQL
- Configuration Management: GIT, SVN
- Requirements and defect management: Jira
- Continuous Integration experience with tools like Jenkins is a plus