SunPower Corporation is seeking a senior software engineer to enhance and maintain sales software for the residential workstream. This role will report directly to the head of engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for the development of Sales application to enable a world-class residential software suite.
- Partner with the product management team and peers to define application roadmap to ensure a scalable and effective residential application infrastructure.
- Work with product owners to ensure that relevant information systems serve the business needs effectively.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Ruby on Rails and React.js experience.
- Understanding of object-oriented concepts, abstraction/inheritance, as well as experience with object-oriented languages.
- HTML5/CSS experience, ability to work with and write custom css framework expansions is a plus.
- Must be a creative thinker and can recognize and solve problems by thinking outside the box.
- Ability to discuss and debate all options to achieve the optimal solution.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fun to work with and sense of humor appreciated.
- Familiarity with building and using REST APIs
Ideal Personal Characteristics:
- Excellent organizational skills. Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on experience with all aspects of the project lifecycle, including detailed deliverable development as well as team management at all levels.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the United States
- Position located San Jose, CA