Would you like to have high visibility on a global front working for a Fortune 500 company? How about working on cutting edge research and development of new and innovative products that willimprove quality-of-life for millions of people around the globe? If your passion and experience are in software design and development, we have just the job for you as a Software Design Engineer. With a focus on new product development, this role interfaces with numerous functions of the business, including marketing, R&D, clinical, regulatory, and operations. Software design engineers on our team focus on developing software to control complex electro-mechanical products. More importantly, they have the opportunity to apply their technical abilities to improve the practice of medicine with innovative and enabling designs. Whether developing specifications, writing code, or working with surgeons tovalidate their latest concepts, Software Design Engineers are focused on ensuring that we deliver the products that support our corporate mission: Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
For this position, we are looking for self-described "software geek" with 1 to 5 years of experience (industry internship or full-time) in embedded software development, preferably using C++. Top candidates will have a solid understanding of software engineering, be able to work independently, and have highly technical internship or work experience in software development. They will thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy working cross-functionally with engineering teams around the globe. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to bring cutting-edge technologies to market with some of the top technical professionals in the medical device industry. Specifically, this role is with our surgical robotics group, which is focused on developing revolutionary robotic devices that will change the way medicine is practiced.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who combines a solid technical background with the ability tofunction well in a progressive, Agile and multi-disciplinary embedded software R&D environment. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to convey highly technical information to internal staff as well as external clients. It is also important that you combine excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the ability to work well both independently or as part of a team. Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Plan and conduct software requirements analysis and design.
- Write software that will interact with and control complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Validate the functionality of your programs with surgeons, nurses, and other medical device users.
- Participate in all facets of the software development life cycle (from the initial concept to the final release).
ROLE COULD BE LOCATED BOTH IN FORT LAUDERDALE, FL OR KALAMAZOO, MI
- Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related software focused engineering curriculum. Advanced degreepreferred.
- 1 to 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Minimum of 1 year academic or professional C++ and Object Oriented development experience.
- Significant academic or industry experience with signal processing and control systems.
- Detail oriented with strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Software development experience in a regulated industry, such as medical devices preferred.
- Robotics control experience preferred.
- VxWorks / RTOS experience preferred.
- MATLAB experience preferred.
- Experience designing embedded systems preferred.
- Network communications and protocols experience preferred.