- Lead the Castle performance effort both as a thought leader and as an individual contributor.
- Modeling, measuring, and optimizing storage cluster performance.
- Ability to acquire the knowledge to understand the root causes of performance issues — including hardware, software, workload, and other issues.
- Drive methodology and practice around measuring, evaluating, and delivering performance.
- Help improve the quality, performance, and resiliency of our product.
- Incorporate industry best practices into all aspects of the software development and product lifecycle.
- In collaboration with the team, define goals and acceptance criteria.
- Mentor more junior engineers.
- Participate as needed along with the team to deliver enterprise-ready products.
- Participate in daily standups and work in an agile environment within a startup culture.
- Prepare and deliver conference presentations on technical topics.
Who you are:
You’re an engineer who can turn ideas into efficient, reliable and maintainable code. You will be successful in this role if you:
- Enjoy helping others around you grow as developers and be successful.
- Can be autonomous and self-driven.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Get inspired on a daily basis, think of new ideas and like to share them with - others.
- Love open source software development and being part of an community.
- Fluency in C-family languages like and including Go and C++
- Architectural competency with modern distributed systems .
- Direct experience on reliability and performance of distributed systems .
- Direct experience defining, measuring, modifying, and iterating on systems performance.
- Experience with one or more storage benchmarks.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and debugging ability .
- A four year BS/BA degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field .
- Ten or more years of solid reference industry experience.