The candidate will participate in the complete design and development cycle for wireless self-organising networks (SON) features, for UMTS and LTE technologies. Responsibilities will include contributing to the software design of the SON framework, translating high-level requirements into practical architectures and designs, and feature implementation and testing.
Job summary and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the full software development life-cycle for SON features, including design, implementation, test and QA/field support.
- Debug and optimize SON algorithms by studying logs, KPIs and other field data.
- Participate in architecture, design and code reviews and provide peer feedback.
- Support internal test and QA teams and external field support engineers to complete interoperability and acceptance testing in wireless operatornetworks. Incorporate customer & field engineer feedback to improve SON design and feature set.
- Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years experience in C/C++ programming on Linux OS for design and development of multi-threaded software.
- Proven ability to use debug tools and knowledge of runtime environment to efficiently isolate and fix bugs.
- Ability to write concise functional, implementation and test design documents and follow process-oriented methodology to insure compliance to requirements.
- Understanding and track record in development experience with GSM/UMTS/CDMA/LTE radio interface protocols, radio resource management is a plus
- Familiarity with 3GPP C-SON, D-SON architecture and SON algorithms is a major plus
- Ability to take technical ownership for medium to large features, across complete software product life cycle.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented engineer who can prioritize work and handle multiple cross-functional tasks.
- Team player passionate about quality, committed to conducting robust systematic testing to find faults before customer does and able to work with internal and external customers during QA and IOT in collaborative environment.
- Solid technical background including ability to interact effectively with a variety of organizations and works well with people. Self-starter, fast-learner and a problem solver with ability to think architecturally and enjoys multitasking in fast paced environment.