Senior Software Engineer (Spark)
Our client is a financial services, data and multiformat media company, highly respected in the market for its leading data, managed services, analytics and equitytrading platforms.
They are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their operations in New York.
You will be an expert Java/Python programmer with a well-rounded skillset, but with particular expertise with the Spark framework.
The company is working on its internal information exchange, looking to develop new microservice and specific application solutions for a wide range of functionality improvements to large data streaming services.
- Define scalable calculation logic for interactive and batch use cases
- Produce complex analysis across equity data, working withinfrastructure and data teams
- Interface with open source technologies in production and utilize their core strengths for client-facing applications
- Contribute back into the open source community
- 5+ years of experience programming in a high-level OO language
- At least 2+ years in Java/Scala
- 3+ years’ delivering high performance production quality systems to clients
- Strong understanding of distributed systems architectures
- 1+ year production-level use of Hadoop / Cassandra, Spark and other distributed technologies
- 3+ years of experience with object-oriented design, data structures, An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Financial domain knowledge is an advantage
- 2+ years of experience programming in C++ and Python is an advantage
- Experience with Spark’s MLlib or building ML pipelines in Equivalent frameworks