At Social Tables we connect the hospitality industry through effortless group management solutions that create successful face-to-face events.
If you want a job where there’s more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where hard work charges the atmosphere with excitement and promise, where ideas are encouraged, and people like coming to work, then Social Tables may be the place for you!
Join the close-knit engineering team that conceptualizes and develops our industry leading SaaS solutions and services. Hone your skills in an agile, test-driven environment and have a measurable impact on a well-established rapidly expanding business.
Our Bessemer & 500 Startups backed venture delivers SaaS to clientele from hotel chains such as the Hyatt Hotel Corporation to academic special events teams from Harvard Business School to corporate meeting teams such as Genentech.
- A seasoned engineer who enjoys sharing your experience with the team.
- Strong with ES6
- Passionate about writing code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested
- Interested in building reliable, fault-tolerant, production grade systems
- Feel comfortable debugging large applications and refactoring them to well-tested components and services
- Have experience designing, implementing, and maintaining APIs as a service for your team and customers
- Enjoy optimizing complex data models for understandability and performance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field or a foreign equivalent
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- We use Node.js on the server
- We prefer Restify for APIs and Express for web apps
- We use React on the browser, and when we need more complex state management on the browser, we use Redux
- We do not transpile our server code
- We use Babel to transpile Stage 2 or later ESNext on the browser
- We build our browser assets with Webpack
- We use MySQL & RethinkDB for our database storage
- We use AWS for our infrastructure
- We develop on our local machines, not in the cloud
- We keep our projects up-to-date with current versions
WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- Meaningful work on world class and industry changing products
- Amazing culture and coworkers
- 401k + match
- Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
- Discretionary education reimbursement
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual dress work environment
- Social Tables is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation