At Sonos, we are passionate about creating and delivering the finest HiFi audio systems in the world to our customers. Our products stream all the music on earth, in every room, wirelessly, and you control it all from the palm of your hand.
As a Senior Software Engineer on a Smart Speaker product development team, you will work on a dynamic team of 5-10 engineers responsible for building the industry’s most innovative smart networking solution for streaming audio throughout your home.
From open source Linux OS to highly customized and performance driven audio, WiFi, and platform API functionality you will work at the center of the Sonos product universe. You will collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the business across multiple disciplines of software and hardware to deliver a system that is easy to setup, seamlessly controlled, has rock solid reliability and stunning audio quality.
If you love music, solving challenging software problems, and doing things the right way every time, we’d like to talk to you!About You
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build and enhance the embedded software functionality that controls, plays and distributes audio throughout the multi-room Sonos system.
- Work closely with service teams to design and improve the communication protocols between Sonos speakers, the Sonos Cloud infrastructure, and music service partners.
- Work across software and hardware teams to optimize Sonos system performance and deliver the latest software advancements to our entire portfolio.
- Use advanced telemetry to diagnose and debug problems in the field and improve the quality of our software.
Skills You’ll Need We're looking for engineers of varying backgrounds and experience levels with the qualifications below:
- C/C++ developer with strong object-oriented design skills
- Knowledge of algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of operating systems and multi-threading programming
- Track record of shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Experience with cloud, RESTful API and HTTPtechnologies is a plus
- Knowledge of L2/L3networking and protocols is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline