At Sonos, we are passionate about creating and delivering the finest HiFi audio systems in the world to our customers. Our products stream all the music on earth, in every room, wirelessly, and you control it all from the palm of your hand.
As a Senior Software Engineer on a Smart Speaker platform development team, you will work on a dynamic team responsible for working with our strategic partners to create the most compelling smart speaker on the market. You will collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the business across multiple software groups to architect and deliver an integrated solution.
If you love music, solving challenging software problems, and doing things the right way every time, we’d like to talk to you!
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build and enhance the embedded software functionality that controls, plays and distributes audio throughout the multi-room Sonos system.
- Develop control capabilities and APIs to expand 3rd party services.
- Collaborate with cloud partners to develop solutions in our embedded software platform.
- Architect solutions that ensure clean SDK integrations into an existing codebase.
- Create features to enhance our third-party developerexperience when integrating with Sonos.
- Work side by side with partners on tough, but interesting integration challenges.
Skills You’ll Need We're looking for engineers of varying backgrounds and experience levels with the qualifications below:
- Experience shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software.
- C/C++ developer with strong object-oriented design skills.
- Understanding of API design and experience developing an API platform and/or SDK.
- Experience with cloud, RESTful APIs, HTTPtechnologies and with a range of 3rd party API platforms.
- Experience with TCP, UDP and othernetworking protocols.
- Experience with memory management, multi-threaded development and system optimizations.
- Ability to effectively engage in written and verbal technical communication with our partners.
- Agile software development methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Nice to have:
- Embedded/IoT application development a plus.
- Familiarity with web application security, SSL, OAuth.
- Home automation development a plus.
- Voice application development a plus.
- Python coding experience a plus.