At Sonos, we are passionate about creating and delivering the finest HiFi audio systems in the world to our customers. Our products stream all the music on earth, in every room, wirelessly, and you control it all from the palm of your hand.
As a Senior Software Engineer on a Smart Speaker product development team, you will work on a dynamic team of 5-10 engineers responsible for building the industry’s most innovative smart networking solution for streaming audio throughout your home. From open source Linux OS to highly customized and performance driven audio, WiFi, and platform API functionality you will work at the center of the Sonos product universe. You will collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the business across multiple disciplines of software and hardware to deliver a system that is easy to setup, seamlessly controlled, has rock solid reliability and stunning audio quality.
If you love music, solving challenging software problems, and doing things the right way every time, we’d like to talk to you!About You
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build and enhance the embedded software functionality that controls, plays and distributes audio throughout the multi-room Sonos system.
- Work closely with service teams to design and improve the communication protocols between Sonos speakers, the Sonos Cloud infrastructure, and music service partners.
- Work across software and hardware teams to optimize Sonos system performance and deliver the latest software advancements to our entire portfolio.
- Use advanced telemetry to diagnose and debug problems in the field and improve the quality of our software.
Skills You’ll Need We're looking for engineers of varying backgrounds and experience levels with the qualifications below:
- C/C++ developer with strong object-oriented design skills
- Knowledge of algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of operating systems and multi-threading programming
- Track record of shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Experience with cloud, RESTful API and HTTP technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of L2/L3networking and protocols is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline