We’re hiring a Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability for our Tech team. You’ll join a small but mighty SRE team on a mission to make glossier.com’s infrastructure fast, reliable, and efficient.
The SRE team is responsible for Glossier’s infrastructure with a focus on resiliency, capacity planning, and security.
On a given day, you may:
- Pair with engineers and review code to ensure a service degrades gracefully during expected failure modes
- Build tooling to keep our deployment pipeline fast and reliable
- Improve our infrastructure-as-code practices (using AWS CDK) to make it easier for engineers to launch well-architected services
- Run load testing to ensure services meet our performance and capacity expectations
- Facilitate a blameless learning review.
As an engineer on a distributed team, you’ll be a role model for inclusivity and mindful communication, as you look for ways to improve team efficacy and engender a positive culture.
6 Month Expectations:
- Contribute to major projects like next-gen deployment tooling so we can own our availability and lower our incident time-to-recovery. We’re particularly excited about AWS CDK, EventBridge, Lambda and DynamoDB.
- Guide other Tech teams as we migrate from a monolithic Rails app to a constellation of smaller services in a thoughtful, pragmatic way.
- Develop a multi-region AWS strategy.
12 Month Expectations:
- Identify and ship impactful projects aligned with the team’s mission of accelerating the product development cycle while meeting ever higher site availability objectives.
- Find and fix capacity bottlenecks ahead of Black Friday, our biggest sales day.
- Be a flag-bearer of our diverse and inclusive culture.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years designing and implementing production infrastructure on AWS
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity maintaining high-performance datastores (we use Postgres on RDS, Redis, and DynamoDB)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools and workflows (for example CloudFormation or Terraform).