Senior System Engineer
The Senior System Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and support of the API Layer for SXM streaming enterprise system. She/he will report directly to the Director, Software Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive knowledge of Java-based front-end and back-end web development technologies and concepts.
- Strong design and implementation skills pertaining to web applications, enterprise system design and media applications.
- Work closely with the Tech Lead and Senior Systems Architect to ensure that strategic objectives are met with the proposed architectural solutions for business needs.
- Code all core services and applications in various Java technologies (mentioned in the Technical Skills) following industry standards.
- Participate in technical design and architecture working closely with the Tech Lead – Streaming Media Services.
- Document all technical design, code, build and release procedures.
- Robust understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design
- Work directly with Development, QA and DevOps on all phases of software delivery.
- Knowledge of industry-standard application architectures, design patterns and technology standards and best practices
- Experience in designing and developing highly scalable, highly available and maintainable internet applications
- Good understanding of cloud based applications and application deployment
- Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time
- Handle 3rd tier support, where business consultation and development maybe required
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job
- BS, Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience with full Java application development life cycle
- Strong design and implementation skills pertaining to web applications, database and large scale cloud based media applications
- Extensive knowledge with application development using core Java, Spring Boot and Scala.
- Work experience with multiple threading, concurrency, design patterns and their impacts on enterprise application concurrency and scalability.
- Good knowledge of web services, RESTful interfaces, XML schema and documents, validation, parsing, and marshalling.
- Extensive experience working with Cloud technologies, including Containerization, CICD, load balancing, data caching and service resiliency, with both public and private cloud.
- Extensive experience with Linux and Tomcat servers.
- Experience working with NoSQL DB, Caching and Data streaming such as Cassandra, Redis and Kafka.
- Experience with maven, Github, and issue tracking tools (JIRA a plus)
- Good understanding of Functional programming and OOP principles.
- Akamai Live Streaming, CDN, and EdgeComputing platforms experience preferred
More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm#benefits