About the team:
Refinery29 is seeking a senior software engineer for our Shopping team. We’re looking for someone who’s excited by our team’s core mission of inspiring our audience with curated shopping content from our editorial team and driving a revenue stream for the company.
This role is perfect for a candidate who would like to work on external-facing products that reach ourmillions of users, who wants to make big decisions influencing our technology choices and make a direct impact on the companies revenue goals.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment and passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility and turns dreams into reality.
About our Engineering organization:
- We like Node, React, Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Solr, Nginx, and RabbitMQ
- We ?? test-driven development, code reviews, and pair programming
- We experiment with process and try to find the right flavor of Agile for each team
- We want you to help us build out microservices and deepen our real-time monitoring
What you’ll do:
- Work with a small team of talented engineers, pair programming often to gain and share knowledge
- Rapidly iterate on features that will increase affiliate revenue on the R29 site and across distribution platforms
- Help brainstorm and architect products that serve our team’s north star: machine-aided content on www.refinery29.com
- Enjoy mentoring and guiding junior engineers on the team
- Own the technical design and implementation of features from start to finish, working with ourproduct and design partners at every step of the way
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience pushing out code to production
- You want to learn more about Refinery29 as a business, especially its affiliate revenue endeavors
- You care about code quality, good practices, and using appropriate design patterns
- You love automated testing and try to practice TDD as much as possible
- You’re interested in leveraging your knowledge to shape our rapidly maturing stack
- You’d like to help cultivate an inclusive, positive work environment with a team that trusts its individual members
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader
- Excited to teach and learn from members of the team