This product group is one of the key strategic pillars of GoDaddy, with an important contribution to the company's revenue, customer growth, and innovation. The right individual will be self-driven, positive, and willing to learn from and work with others. Someone who cares about maintainability of the code, automation, deployment processes, system resiliency and how to enable innovation through fostering a growing culture of Open Source. You will go beyond just coding and help to shape the engineering culture and best practices here at GoDaddy.
Tempe, Carlsbad, Santa Clara, Remote
What you'll get to do...
- Be accountable for code quality and writing unit and integration tests
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
- Work collaboratively with a distributed team
- Identify, measure, and understand user needs and execute on appropriate solutions
- Constantly learn, grow, and improve
- Contribute to open source projects and communities
- Continuously learn and share new ideas and technical concepts
Your experience should include...
- 1+ years professional web development experience in related technologies
- 1+ years Ruby on Rails experience
- 1+ years developing REST API’s for web services.
- Experience developing applications on AWS
- Object-oriented programming and design fundamentals
- Understanding of modern datastore mechanics and performance
- Passion for quality, user experience, and cutting edge web technologies
- Experience with unit testing and TDD principles
- Proficiency with Git/Github
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with building software using Agile concepts and processes
- General understanding of web client performance
- Test automation experience a serious plus