As Software Engineer on the Setup and Configuration Team, you will be responsible for the software that leads our customers through the complete out-of-box experience; from opening the packaging to awesome music all over their home.
You will work across all our mobile and desktop products. You will work with some of the brightest minds in the business across multiple disciplines of software, hardware, acoustics and Wi-Fi technologies. You will have fun and innovate every day in our fast-paced and creative environment.
If you love music, solving challenging software problems, and doing things the right way every time, we’d like to talk to you!
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
- Work on our controller applications on Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android to provide clear, engaging, and reliable setup.
- Collaborate with software engineering and user experience teams to design and deliver unique, innovative new features that delight our customers.
- Provide Sonos Customer Support technical assistance such as training and debugging problems in the field.
Skills You’ll Need
- Experienced C++, Objective-C and Java developer with strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience using formal development processes and tools.
- Track record of shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. - Thrives in fast-paced, results oriented environment.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking is a plus.
- Linux embedded development is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related discipline.