Our software platform, data sharingnetwork, and industry partnerships enable healthcare providers to bring precision cancer care to every patient who needs it. By bringing together leading healthcare innovators into a unified ecosystem, we are working toward a future in which all cancer patients have access to the best personalized care, regardless of location or income. Our customers — including Intermountain Healthcare, Providence St. Joseph Health, Henry Ford Health System, Aurora Health Care, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health — manage one million active cancer cases at nearly 300 hospitals in 25 states. Headquartered in San Francisco, Syapse is backed by investors including Social Capital, Safeguard Scientifics, Ascension Ventures, GE Ventures, Intermountain Healthcare Innovation Fund, Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, Medidata Solutions, Roche Venture Fund, and Amgen Ventures.
About the role:
Syapse is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to own the process of building scalable architecture, writing robust, encapsulated code, understanding the larger picture--these are all qualities Syapse engineers value when building a product to transform the practice of medicine. Today, with the help of Syapse, doctors are harnessing complex clinical and genomic data to improve and extend the lives of cancer patients. Syapse’s reach includes some of the biggest names in cancer care, and we are making meaningful improvements in the lives of cancer patients.
The Application team sits at the nexus of the Syapse platform. We transform complex data into understandable APIs, coordinate with our powerful semantic data platform, and scale our systems to handle hundreds of thousands of patients and their medical data. We work in agile, cross-functional teams to deliver an industry-leading precision medicine data platform.
Some projects we work on:
- Building efficient queries on a significant fraction of the cancer population to provide medical professionals guidance into proper treatments
- Allow different healthcare systems to share patient data and unlock even greater insights
- Translate complex, and sometimes messy, healthcare data into a standard form
Some things you’ll be doing:
- Deliver features through our Python / Django / Postgres stack
- Scale out several orders of magnitude to handle both the vast quantities of data, and the increasing number of users
- Develop internal tooling to improve reliability and efficiency
- Define robust contracts between different areas of the platform
- Bring projects from all the way from conceptualization to development to deployment
Some skills we’re looking for:
- Computer Science or closely related degree is required; advanced degree is a plus
- Ten years of experience building sophisticated server-side platforms
- Expert Python skills; Java skills also welcome
- Comfort with standard web application issues
- Building smart, understandable and versioned APIs
- Unafraid to stretch outside the application into DevOps and the semantic store
- Big dataexperience