Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic senior software engineer to join the Heroes of the Storm team in Irvine, California. This developer will focus on game and service feature implementation, as well as live maintenance of the online service.
- Implement new features related to the online aspects of Heroes of the Storm.
- Review logs and monitor data to diagnose and fix issues occurring on the live service.
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Familiar with implementing client / server architecture
- A mind towards scalability and performance
- Excellent debugging and diagnostic skills
- Highly motivated and proactive
- High comfort level working within (and analyzing and improving) an established code base
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for video games
- Previous experience shipping video game titles or other software
- Networking experience in TCP / IP and UDP protocols
- Linux development experience
- Database development experience (e.g., MySQL, Oracle)
- Scripting language experience (e.g., Python)
- Distributed systems experience
- Low level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (e.g., tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, and NAT busting