Senior Software Engineer, Search Relevancy
Software Engineering | Los Gatos
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
Roku Universal Search server team is responsible for ingesting, transforming, indexing, and exposing searchable content to millions of cord cutters on Roku players, Roku TVs, and Roku mobile apps. The team is small and nimble and we move fast to solve challenging problems while iterating quickly and releasing often.
We are looking for a strong, experienced, passionate, and self-driven search relevance engineer to help Roku users find the streaming content quickly. In this role you will design, evaluate, and optimize search ranking algorithms to increase Roku KPIs (CTR, streaming hours, revenue) and make a big contribution to the critical search subsystems (feature extraction, boosting, indexing, query-time optimizations, personalization, A/B testing). You will have vertical ownership of search microservices and participate in other related features and cloud infrastructure.
- BS/MS/PhD Computer Science or related (AI/ML preferred)
- More than 5 years of industry experience
- Excellent coding skills (Java preferred)
- Proven work on large-scale search / information retrieval projects and related infrastructure
- Proven work on search relevance
- Deep knowledge of at least one search engine (Elasticsearch preferred)
- Familiar and comfortable with cloud deployments (AWS preferred)